Saturday, May 22, 2010

Is there a correct way to press a flower?

i have a flower from my cousins funeral that I would like to press please be detailed so I don't mess it up thanx

Is there a correct way to press a flower?
When I pressed a flower from my stepmom's funeral I sprayed it with a little bit of hairspray (so it wouldn't fall apart after it dried), put it between two pieces of wax paper, and then put it between two heavy books for few weeks or so. (Sometimes it takes longer.) I still have it and that was almost 10 years ago. Hope that helps you and sorry for your family's loss. God bless.





P.S. If you don't put it in between wax paper it will stick to whatever you put it between.
Reply:I have pressed flowers by just putting them in a book, like a dictionary or Bible, and forgetting about it for approximately 6 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment