Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A friend who owns a flower shop died yesterday. Where do I get the funeral arrangement?

I been buying flowers every saturday from this local family owned flower shop for the past fifteen years or so. Throughout the course of my purchasing at the flower shop the owner and I have became close friends. She passed away yesterday. Should I send a funeral arrangement from their own shop or from another? Let's face it, people notice these things even in times of mourning. You may ask yourself, Don't you think they'll be too busy planning the funeral to be worried about your stupid arrangement? They have workers, other than the immediate family that assist in putting the arrangements together. I'm in a pickle!

A friend who owns a flower shop died yesterday. Where do I get the funeral arrangement?
That really is a tough one, because you don't know which way the family will feel about it. Either they'll be too worried or hassled or feel that you're unsympathetic if you order from them, yet if you order from somewhere else, you're giving another business money and they may feel insulted that for the one time you're buying FOR them, you didn't get it FROM them.





Honestly, I think the former is much more likely. Get it from somewhere else, because they may just feel extra pressure in a time of mourning to make a flower arrangement for THEMSELVES. Ask a friend who lives nearby where they usually get flowers, and if it's a good place.





I'm so sorry for your loss. Feel better and good luck!

apply for a loan

No comments:

Post a Comment