Thursday, April 30, 2009

I am trying to find out how to perserve live flowers from a funeral in a globe or shadow box, suggestions?

This is for a close friend who just lost her husband. When my mother in law passed someone had some roses from her funeral preserved and put in a glass container, its beautiful. I'm trying to find out how to do it or somewhere to take flowers to be fixed before they wilt.

I am trying to find out how to perserve live flowers from a funeral in a globe or shadow box, suggestions?
hang them upside down and pout hairspray on them two or three times it should preserve them fairly well
Reply:Dry them out very well first...upside down-outta the sun %26amp; just before full bloom seems to keep them more sturdy.


I've used clear urathan(sp) spray that works pretty well. Not sure bout wax dipping. Ask a craft or floral shop maybe. Gd Luk.


p.s. you can also try pressing to use in a shadow bx.


No comments:

Post a Comment